The Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated January 27, 2011 No. PP-1533 “On measures to strengthen the material and technical base of higher education institutions and improve the quality of training of highly qualified specialists” is aimed at improving the quality of training of highly qualified specialists. Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated April 20, 2017 “On measures to further expand the participation of industries and sectors of the economy”, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers dated November 4, 2015 No. 47 “On issues of organizing the implementation of higher educational, scientific-industrial and innovative partnerships”, Decree of the Cabinet Of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On measures to further improve the system of postgraduate education” dated May 22, 2017, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 642-f dated June 12, 2017, Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated October 17, 2017 “On creating material conditions and further stimulating labor activity for the research work of doctors” dated May 26, 2017, Order of the Minister of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic Uzbekistan dated June 16, 2016 No. 396, Order of the Minister of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated October 23, 2017 No. 787, Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated April 15, 2013 No. UP-1955 “On the establishment of Bukhara Engineering-Technological Institute” and Order of the Minister of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan No.124 “On the organization of activities of the Bukhara Engineering-Technological Institute” and a number of other legal acts, long-term plans (strategies) for research and development, action plans, road maps, action programs, and medium-term plans were developed, approved and implemented accordingly.
Priority tasks identified in the long-term plan of the institute of scientific and pedagogical personnel are:
- Provision of institute ratings with points within normative indicators;
- Admission to doctoral studies and basic doctoral studies on the basis of competitive selection requirements;
- Ensure the practical implementation of the research development strategy at the institute.
- To ensure the participation of students in scientific olympiads, fairs of innovative ideas, projects and technologies, various competitions by attracting talented students and their systematic participation in scientific, creative circles in the departments;
- Broad involvement of gifted students in scientific activities on the basis of the club “Generation of innovative ideas” and events organized by the Innovation Center;
- Attraction of innovation centers, research laboratories, research centers, innovation clubs, gifted students, young researchers and masters;
- Development and implementation of projects aimed at solving problems in the production of laboratory equipment based on international grants;
- Creating opportunities for the timely defense of dissertations by scientific and pedagogical staff through doctoral studies and independent research institutes;
- Improving the incentive system for effective research by holding competitions on the basis of regulations developed by the Center for Innovation of Professors;
- Establishment of close relations of scientific cooperation with leading world scientific and educational institutions in the implementation of the priorities set forth in Decision PR-2909;
- The use of internships of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan with the support of the Istedod Foundation for the training of young pedagogical and scientific personnel, training and advanced training of promising pedagogical and scientific personnel (masters, young teachers and researchers) in leading foreign scientific and educational institutions;
- Implementation of scientific activities provided for by agreements signed in the framework of decision PR-2909, and the training and retraining of pedagogical and scientific personnel abroad, the training of university graduates in PhD and graduate programs.
- Strengthening the integration of the institute with academic science;
- Bringing the research activities of the Institute in accordance with the needs of production enterprises;
- Providing the material and technical base of higher education institutions with modern equipment, especially laboratories.
- To expand the access of gifted students, young researchers, undergraduates, students and doctoral students to world educational resources, electronic databases of modern scientific literature (Web of Science, EPSCO, Scopus, etc.);
- Creating additional opportunities for researchers to participate in the study of foreign languages and foreign competitions to expand cooperation in the field of research.
- Further improvement of the incentive system for researchers by expanding the nominations “Innovative Ideas and Business Projects” by students of the Bukhara Engineering-Technological Institute and the “Best Scientific and Innovative Department”.